The main function of the adrenal glands is to deal with stress. This means dealing with changes (adaptation) as well as any threat to our survival. Dealing with any stress depletes the adrenal glands hormonal or functional reserve and ability to handle other stress. A key for our patients is to make the paradigm shift from
- Stress to Serenity,
- Surviving to Thriving.
Adrenal hormones affect all glands, organs
So when cortisol(the adrenal gland’s hormone of stress) is low or high, the entire body is affected. That is why the signs and symptoms are so many and varied. Remember suboptimal adrenal function occurs both as a distinct clinical disorder and as a contributing factor to many chronic illnesses.
Key Signs & Symptoms include
- Frequently craves salt and foods high in salt
- Often becomes hypoglycemic under stress
- Increased PMS, peri-menopausal or menopausal symptoms
- Mild depression
- Lethargy – lack of energy
- Everything seems to take more effort
- Decreased ability to handle stress
- Needs to lie down or rest after sessions of psychological or emotional pressure/stress
- May complain of muscular weakness
- Becomes allergic or has increased frequency/severity of histamine type allergic reactions
- Syncope or lightheadedness when rising rapidly from a sitting or lying position
- Chronic fatigue
- Increased apathy or interest in things
- Decreased sex drive.
If this sounds or feels like you, contact us today at 336-760-0240 to find out how we can help you.